- Choose from three levels of sedation
- Help your child relax fully during your visit
- We have anesthesiologists on staff
We know that many of our patients would be unable to get their dental care if it were not for sedation. We make dentistry as easy as possible by offering several sedation options in Hawthorne. Dental sedation from Hawthorne Smile Spa allows you and your child to:Create a Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
Create a Comfortable Experience
We have a lot of treatment options. We have nitrous. We have an anesthesiologist here that's able to render you semi-conscious, and you could take medication orally, as well, to help allay your fears and relax you.
- Relax and receive much-needed dental care
- Prevent big smile problems that need more extensive treatment
- Enjoy peace of mind about your family’s oral health
- Comfortably sit through long or multiple procedures
- Reduce your child’s anxiety about future dental visits
We have sedation that will suit any patient’s needs, including general anesthesia administered by our medical anesthesiologist. Call Hawthorne Smile Spa today at 310-982-4895 to schedule your family’s appointment. We’re conveniently located on South Inglewood Avenue, not far from SoFi Stadium and SpaceX.
Your Child Can Receive Gentle Dental Care With Sedation Dentistry
Our team is specially trained to be as gentle as possible in delivering your child’s dental care. For example, we use low-power, pain-free dental lasers for several of our procedures, eliminating the need for sedation in many cases. However, sedation is always available, whether from our dental anesthesiologist or our medical anesthesiologist, to help any patient put their mind at ease while we work. We want each patient to have a pleasant experience while in our care.
Our dental sedation choices include:
- Inhaled Sedation – This is our mildest level of sedation. The patient will breathe in a sweet-smelling gas using a small mask, and in moments they’ll begin to feel a pleasant sense of euphoria. Their arms and legs may even feel a bit tingly. The sedative’s effects will vanish quickly once the gas is removed, and the patient will feel normal again in no time. This type of sedation is even safe for children.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We’re certified in oral sedation, which offers our patients a deeper level of relaxation. The dentist will prescribe an FDA-approved pill for the patient to take before their procedure. It will produce an all-over feeling of relaxation that will last several hours. The patient will need a trusted friend or family member to drive them home.
- General Anesthesia – We have a medical anesthesiologist who can administer our deepest level of sedation. They can even intubate the patient’s airway to ensure their procedure is as safe as possible. The patient won’t have any memory of their procedure afterward when using this type of sedation. The patient will need to make sure they have a friend or family member to care for them after the visit.
Don’t fret about getting dental care. Just know that your family will always receive the most comfortable treatment possible with our Hawthorne sedation options. Call us today at 310-982-4895 to schedule the appointment you’ve been putting off. You can also request an appointment online anytime. We look forward to serving you and your family.