We all know how quickly an emergency can happen, whether it’s a dental emergency or some other type of emergency. If you find your child or yourself in a dental crisis, you can rely on the team at Hawthorne Smile Spa to provide your family the care you need quickly. We leave slots open in our schedule each day for Hawthorne dental emergencies. Come in as soon as possible so we can:We're Here For You! Read Transcript
Well, we see dental emergencies first thing in the morning, 9:00, and first thing in the afternoon. Because I believe that if your tooth has been up, if you've been up all night, then we should see you first thing in the morning and the first thing in the afternoon so it won't disrupt my schedule. Also, the patient can be seen in a timely manner.
- Provide your child targeted care for the immediate concern
- Get your child out of pain quickly, with help from dental sedation if needed
- Make recommendations for necessary restorative dental care or other work
- Prevent further damage to your child’s smile
Call us now at 310-982-4895 to be seen as soon as possible. We’re located at 13412 S. Inglewood Ave., not far from LAX and SpaceX.
Know What to Do For Your Child in an Emergency
When you bring your child to us for a dental emergency, our skilled team will go to work to save your child’s smile and make sure they get out of pain as quickly as possible. However, it’s important to know the steps to take before your child is seen in our office:
- You can give your child an over-the-counter medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen to help with any pain or swelling. An ice pack or cold compress applied to the outside of the mouth will also help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- If your child has an adult tooth that’s been completely knocked out, hold it only by the top of the tooth; avoid touching the roots. Place it in a container of salt water, milk, or saliva, and bring it with you to the office. A baby tooth will not typically be replaced and does not require the same care.
- Stop any bleeding from your child’s lips, tongue, gums, or cheeks using a small piece of gauze or a moist tea bag. If the bleeding doesn’t stop in a few minutes, head to the nearest emergency room.
Come see us for any dental emergencies in Hawthorne. Call us now at 310-982-4895 for a same-day appointment. For any non-emergency needs, you can also make an appointment .