Both Dr. Arlene M. Joyner and Dr. Brent Tucker are board-certified pediatric dentists. In fact, they are the only pediatric dentists in Hawthorne. This means they are uniquely qualified to care for your child’s developing smile. Unlike a general dentist, they stay up to date on the latest procedures and advances in pediatric dental care so they can give your kids the best treatment possible. Here are a few other reasons to rely on us for pediatric dentistry in Hawthorne:Taking Care of All Your Child's Needs Read Transcript
Having two board certified pediatric dentists here, we are uniquely able to provide all the dental care that a child needs. Both of our pediatric dentist, both myself and Dr. Joyner do teach pediatric dentists as well. So, we have all the cutting edge technology, all the newest research that we apply on a day to day basis to make sure that our children are getting the absolute best dental care that they can get.
- We provide treatment for all children, even those with special needs.
- Many pediatricians routinely refer patients to us.
- We can offer help and support for any pediatric dental problems.
- Our care begins when you’re pregnant, as hormonal changes affect your unborn child.
- Our “happy visits” acquaint very young children and special needs children with the idea of going to the dentist.
Every child who walks into our office is treated with care and compassion. One way we do this is by using our Solea dental laser whenever possible. The laser works without the need for numbing injections, the sounds of a dental drill, or making multiple appointments. We can work quickly, quietly, and comfortably so that your little one doesn’t feel afraid!
Bring your child to a dental office that specializes in treating children. Call Hawthorne Smile Spa today at 310-982-4895 to schedule an appointment.
Your Child Will Receive Excellent Pediatric Dental Care Here
Simply put, we love treating children at Hawthorne Smile Spa. Both Dr. Joyner and Dr. Tucker have received additional training in pediatric dental care because they enjoy working with kids so much. You can feel comfortable bringing your child in to see them.
Our relationship with your child often begins while you’re still pregnant. We can offer advice on how to keep your smile healthy during your pregnancy to help ensure your baby is carried to full term and arrives in the world healthy. OB-GYNs often don’t relate symptoms such as bleeding gums (a sign of gum disease, which has been linked to preterm birth) with any problems that can affect your unborn child.
When your child comes in for their first appointment, we’ll spend a great deal of time getting to know them and their smile. Our comprehensive exam and diagnosis are much more in depth than what they would receive at another dentist office, as we want to uncover any problems early on so that treatment can be provided. Plus, we use laser dentistry to make treatment pain-free so that your child enjoys visiting our office. We offer:
- Frenectomy – Many infants suffer from tongue-tie problems that can hinder them from breastfeeding and speaking properly. A simple frenectomy (tongue-tie removal) can solve those problems quickly.
- Thumb Sucking – Thumb sucking can create orthodontic problems and can cause a narrowing of the air passages, which can lead to breathing problems later in life, such as sleep apnea. We can offer advice as well as make an oral appliance to help if needed.
- Sealants – Protect your child’s teeth with dental sealants, which will block decay-causing bacteria from being able to access your child’s tooth enamel.
- Pediatric Zirconia Crowns – Zirconia is the most beautiful, most natural-looking material for dental crowns, and we offer this as a solution for your child’s restorative work!
- Silver Diamine Fluoride – SDF is a safe, non-invasive way to strengthen your child’s teeth against bacteria. The silver will kill bacteria while the fluoride remineralizes tooth enamel against decay.
- ICON Resin Infiltration – Many things can cause your child’s teeth to develop white spots throughout the enamel. This solution will remove those white spots so your child can smile cheerfully once again!
In short, there are many treatments and much advice we can offer you to help your child enjoy a healthy smile for life. Call Hawthorne Smile Spa today at 310-982-4895 to schedule an appointment for pediatric dentistry in Hawthorne. You can also make an appointment .