Hawthorne Smile Spa is the ideal place to get a custom mouthguard that will protect your child’s or your teeth from damage. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” as they say. With that in mind, we offer Hawthorne mouthguards that will:Protect Your Smile Read Transcript
Well, mouth guards are going to prevent the child from fracturing their front teeth, because once they fracture their front teeth ... or tooth, most of the time it's teeth, that's why I'm saying plural, the teeth are severely compromised and most likely the teeth will not last the lifetime. If this happens and the tooth has to be extracted, a person cannot get an implant until they have stopped growing. So, that means that the child has to wear a prosthesis in their mouth until they're 24, 25 years old.
Mouth guards in sports are huge. Also, it helps to lessen the concussion type of effect on early athletes, because they're finding out now that when they've gotten a blow to the mouth, it is transferred into the TMJ area, causing a concussion of what we call the condyle, and they were missing that. They were examining the head. Now we have to examine the condyle, which has been pushed back. So, mouth guards are huge. I recommend it for all sports.
- Protect your child’s smile from injury during sports
- Eliminate harmful teeth grinding that could require restorative dentistry to repair
- Help your family avoid painful and costly dental emergencies
- Reduce tension on your child’s TMJs and help them relax
- Enable your child to get a better night of sleep and wake up refreshed
Call us today at 310-982-4895 to schedule an appointment for a custom mouthguard. We’re conveniently located on South Inglewood Avenue, not far from SoFi Stadium and SpaceX.
Our Custom Mouthguards Do Much More Than Protect Your Child’s Teeth
Hawthorne Smile Spa is your full-service family dentist office. That means we offer an impressive selection of dental services for your whole family, including making custom-fit mouthguards for a variety of applications:
- Athletic Mouthguards – Our tailor-made athletic mouthguards are created in-house and will provide better protection than store-bought appliances. They’ll fit better and last longer, too.
- TMJ Appliances – We can have a mouthguard made that will move the lower jaw forward slightly to relieve TMJ tension, making eating and talking more comfortable.
- Bruxism and Headache Night Guards – A custom-made night guard will eliminate bruxism (teeth grinding) to prevent damage to tooth enamel. Less teeth grinding also means fewer and less intense headaches.
- Sleep Apnea Appliances – A custom-fit appliance will move your child’s lower jaw forward to help keep the airway open and eliminate sleep apnea symptoms. This enables better sleep and better performance during the day.
We’re your family’s one-stop shop for mouthguards in Hawthorne. Call Hawthorne Smile Spa today at 310-982-4895 to have one made for your child or for you. You can also make an appointment .