Gum disease is a treatable oral problem. However, the key is early detection so that we can take care of it before it worsens and there are long-term effects, like the loss of adult teeth. That’s why routine checkups are so important to oral health. The dentists at Hawthorne Smile Spa are skilled in offering Hawthorne gum disease treatment to get our pediatric patients’ mouths back into shape. Our gum treatment can help:Keep Your Gums Healthy Read Transcript
So many options here for gum disease treatment. We do have a periodontist on consultation, who comes in about once a month to do severe periodontal care. Our general dentists are all certified in PerioProtect, which is a local anti-microbial delivery system that we've seen greatly improved gum health and bone levels around teeth. Especially we've seen people go from really mobile teeth to having nice solid teeth and teeth that we thought we were going to lose to saving them. It's another place where we can use our Solea laser to do gum treatments, whether it's to do what's called a gingivectomy, which is turning back to puffy gums and things like that, so that you can access the area to clean it better.
- Eliminate gum disease and reduce your child’s risk of further problems
- Improve the quality of the patient’s breath
- Put an end to bleeding, sore, and puffy gums
- Make mealtimes more comfortable
Call our team today if you think your child (or you!) might need gum disease therapy: 310-982-4895. We’re located on South Inglewood Avenue, not far from LAX.
Trust Your Child’s Smile to Our Skills
At Hawthorne Smile Spa, we believe in the importance of good gum health. That’s why we offer so many different types of gum disease treatment – we want your family to have all the options available. Our gum treatments include:
- Traditional Deep Cleaning (Scaling and Root Planing) – Your child’s dentist will use special instruments to gently remove built-up tartar and plaque from around and beneath the gumline. Then we’ll smooth the tooth roots to make it more difficult for bacteria to collect and grow there.
- Solea Laser Treatment – Our low-power laser will instantly and painlessly remove damaged gum tissue, sealing the gums back at the same time. No cutting or stitches are required with this procedure.
- Perio Protect® – Your child may need antibiotic treatment to get his or her gums healthy again. This treatment uses special trays and an antibiotic. Just fill the trays with medication and wear them for a few minutes each day.
Receive Noninvasive Gum Recession Treatment
If your child’s gums have receded significantly, we can use an innovative treatment to restore them. We have a dentist on staff who is certified in the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. This method doesn’t require any cutting; rather, a small hole is made in the gums, and healthy gum tissue is manipulated to cover more of the patient’s teeth. Your child won’t require any stitches, and the healing time will be minimal.