After Labor Day, your family’s schedule can become pretty busy with school and sports-related activities. That’s why now may be a good time to cross some dental to-dos off your list.
It’s especially easy in our Hawthorne, CA office, with extended hours as late as 6 p.m. and Saturday appointments available.
Don’t hesitate to call Hawthorne Smile Spa at 310-982-4895 for any of the following or with any other dental needs:
- Start Orthodontics Treatment – Whether your child is being treated with braces or with clear aligners like OrthoFX, they will likely feel more comfortable getting acclimated to changes during the summer months. They’ll have time to adjust to how the braces or aligners feel in their mouth and how they might affect their speech, their oral hygiene, or other aspects of their life.
- Get Fitted for a Custom Mouthguard – If your child plays sports, they should be wearing a custom-made mouthguard to protect their smile. A custom mouthguard requires no “boil-and-bite” adjustment and fits better than a store-bought mouthguard. So your child won’t be tempted to leave it on the sidelines instead of wearing it.
- Let Us Evaluate Your Child for Sleep Apnea – There may be a slightly surprising reason behind your child’s behavior problems or learning delays. Both are symptoms of childhood sleep apnea. Our experienced team can evaluate your child for apnea and, if needed, fit them for a custom-made appliance that helps them breathe easier and rest throughout the night.
- Schedule Exams Before School Starts – Many people postpone their child’s dental exams and cleanings, then try to schedule those services late in the summer before kids go back to school. Schedule your child’s exam and cleaning now and have your pick of appointment days/times.
- Stop Cavities in Their Tracks – Eating habits are sometimes a little less healthy in the summer, with kids hanging out at friends’ houses, visiting amusement parks, and participating in other activities that may involve sweet treats. We can protect your child’s teeth with dental sealants and fluoride treatment. We may even be able to reverse early-stage decay!
Need help with your child’s dental needs? Call the Hawthorne Smile Spa team at 310-982-4895 today.