Sure, you know pediatric orthodontics can straighten your child’s crooked teeth. This does great things for their self-esteem along with their smile. But that’s not all orthodontic treatment can do for them.
It can also:
- Help Them Avoid the Need for Braces – With early intervention, our orthodontists can lessen your child’s need for braces or other treatments in the future – or even help them completely avoid it. We recommend bringing your child for a preventive orthodontics consultation by age 5.
- Help Them Breathe Easier and Sleep Better – A jaw that is too narrow can cause breathing problems for your child. This can lead to sleep apnea or other sleep disorders, which can take a toll on your child’s overall health. We can make a custom-made appliance for them that will gently widen their jaw so they can breathe easily.
- Improve Their Facial Appearance – In addition to making it easier for your child to breathe, dentofacial orthodontics using a custom appliance can correct a crossbite so your child’s face looks symmetrical.
- Encourage Appropriate Dental Development – When your child loses their baby teeth, other teeth can shift out of position before their adult teeth come in. This can cause a misaligned bite and other issues. They may benefit from wearing a space maintainer, a device that keeps a space open to help ensure adult teeth are in a proper position.
- Improve Their Oral Hygiene – In addition to spoiling the appearance of a child’s smile and causing bite-related problems, crooked teeth can make it tough to properly brush and floss. Straightening teeth can help avoid cavities and other dental problems.
Ready to see what pediatric orthodontics can do for your child? Call Hawthorne Smile Spa at 310-982-4895 for an appointment or schedule online.